Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I'll try harder in 2014

It's a perpetual challenge for me to come up with a fresh and exciting Christmas gift idea for my husband. He's the type of guy who 1.) doesn't need a lot of things and 2.) if he does need something, just buys it for himself and tells me a month later. It's one of the reasons I love him so very much, and also one of the things that drives me crazy. So this year, Babe, I've written you a little poem set to the tune of my favorite Christmas song. It goes without saying, but I feel like I should address it in a public forum. And a 1...2...3...4...

About my appearance I used to be prideful
Which makes me somewhat spiteful
For since now that I'm a Mom, you know
I've let it go let it go let it go.

Oh it doesn't show signs of stopping,
So out of photos I'll keep on cropping.
Please keep that flash on low,
Because I've let it go let it go let it go.

When we finally kiss the kids goodnight
And they're tucked in bed so warm,
Instead of hugging you tight
I should go jogging in that storm .

Oh I really wish that I were lying,
But my looks have done some good bye-ing.
I'm thankful you still love me so
Despite that I've let it go let it go let it go.

Cheers to New Year's resolutions!



PS - I'm not terribly creative, but sometimes it's fun to look back.

2012's Christmas post

2010's Christmas post


2 comments:

  1. Priorities determine alot! Right now your job is to be a wife and Motherr. Beauty queen definition changes with age. Your smile and cute little face will never let you down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, your posts are so funny and always give me a good laugh. I like to think they keep me in check about what this whole motherhood thing will be like (for real)!

    ReplyDelete